Ingredients 10/15 cannelés:
- ½ l milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 250g sugar
- 125g flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 50g softened butter (including 5 g to butter the moulds)
- 5cl rum
1. The day before:
- Warm the milk with the vanilla.
- Mix the sugar with the egg yolks then add the flour.
- Pour in the milk then the softened butter, stir rapidly to prevent lumps.
- Flavour with rum.
2. Leave to rest: chill for 12 to 24 hour before cooking.
3. Butter then fill the cannelé moulds about ¾ of the way up and cook for 45 minutes to an hour at 180°C in a preheated oven.
Cannelés are served as an accompaniment to coffee or tea at the end of meals.
Recipe created by Clément Julien.