For the green apple jelly:
- Cut 1 apple into sticks and put the other 8 into the juicer.
- Filter the juice, bring to the boil and add the gelatine sheets pre-soaked in cold water.
- Add the Manzana Verde and leave to chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
For the crisp:
- Dice 4 thicker slices of ham into fine cubes and the 10 thinner ones into strips
- Fry the other 10 fine slices with the strips of ham.
For the cream:
- Brown the Bayonne ham trimmings in the oil, deglaze with the white wine, let it reduce by half and add the poultry stock.
- Reduce again by three quarters.
- Add the cream, bring to the boil and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Mix the preparation, strain and keep in the fridge in a whipped cream dispenser.
For the plating:
- Pour 7 to 8 cl of the apple jelly onto clear plates, add the diced ham and leave to set in the fridge.
- Add the ham cream, put the fried ham strips on top with a few apple sticks, a slice of fried ham and a few sprigs of herbs.
Tasting tips: Bayonne ham reveals all its flavour when finely sliced and at room temperature.
Philippe Etchebest: “As with all gourmet specialities, Bayonne ham has its story… This authentic product was highly popular in the days of Rabelais, Henry IV and Louis XIV, and today there are a thousand and one ways to use it to brighten up our festive meals!”